Your Day Your Way:
What to Expect
Our team is dedicated to you and your partner. The longer time there is to plan, the smoother the event will be, so we recommend meeting with us before if not by two months prior to the event. If you are curious what our dedication to your day involves, below is a snapshot of what you will experience when contracting our services.
Just the Beginning: Once hired
Once added to your team, we are fully prepared for any questions you may have with unlimited consultations by phone or email. Pick up the phone any time and we will be there! We will also immediately collect all vendor contact information and service contracts so you remain organised without needing to lift a finger.
Breeze Through the Chaos: 2 months prior
With only two months until your big day (yay!), our team attends a site inspection with you and your partner to discuss event flow and vendor layout. This is accompanied with a rough draft timeline of the entire day and how and when things will be executed.
Down to the Wire: 6 Weeks Prior
It’s getting closer! At this point our team meets with the couple (you) for a full event finalization. This can be delivered in person, by Skype or by phone. After the meeting, our team creates a final Event Timeline, which is distributed to all vendors as well as completes a final review of the Banquet Event Orders and Floor Plan provided by the catering manager.
Bridal Buddy: 1 Week Prior
Have no fear, PJ Events is here! By this point, our team is dedicated to YOU. Anything you need, we are ready to help.
We also gather everything, confirm all instructions, timeline information and load access with all vendors to ensure your day is smooth sailing!
The Final Push: 1 day prior
Our team is all hands on deck by this point; our team organizes and manages the wedding rehearsal at the specified location. The job isn’t done there, though!
PJ Events collects all items to be taken to the ceremony/reception site (e.g. cake topper, champagne flutes, programs, etc.) and goes through any last minute concerns with the bridal party and vendors.
The Big Day
We begin the day with more reviews: reviews of the day’s agenda, contract information for all vendors, scheduled arrival times and any special notes. From there, our team manages the entire timing and flow of the day, as well as being the point of contact for the couple (you).
Without giving too much away, below are just some of the tasks we make sure to take care of on the day:
- Set up and layout of event rentals (tables, chairs, linens, etc.)
- Set out all ceremony/reception items (see item list above)
- Check number of seats at each table and that tables are numbered correctly
- Check floral & cake deliveries for accuracy
- Make sure Bridal Party members know where to gather
- Greet all vendors and show them load access
- Pin boutonnieres and corsages
- Instruct ushers how & where to seat guests
- Assist during photo sessions (if applicable)
- Cue musicians/entertainment
- Send Bridal Party down the aisle
- Make sure bar is open and hor duerves are ready when guests begin arriving
- Line up the bridal party for introductions/Grand Entrance
- Cue entertainment for introductions, special dances, toasts, cake cutting, farewell, etc.
- Distribute final payments and gratuities to all vendors
- Wedding Day Emergency Kit
For more information on how PJ Events can help with your special day, contact Jennifer at Jennifer@pjevents.com!